For All Positions
For any employment position at Victory, a candidate must:
- Be a member of Victory Family Church.
- Share the vision of Pastor John and Michelle.
- Be a consistent financial giver to Victory according to Matthew 25:21 - "His lord said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.'" (NKJV)
- Watch the video "Personal Conduct Policy for Leaders."
- Complete the Employment Application.
Personal Conduct Policy for Leaders
Watch this video before beginning the application. The password is leadership.
Please note, from start to finish, the application process takes about 2-3 hours to complete.
Title of Position: Staff Accountant
Purpose of position: Responsible for the daily operations of the accounting department of Victory Family Church. Prepare internal and external financial reports. Post journal entries. Reconcile balance sheet accounts. Responsible for month-end close of Victory Family Church's books. Update and maintain attendance reports. Assist in budget process. Prepare necessary tax forms.
- Make sure that all codes entered in the Purchase Order Module by staff are accurate.
- Approve submitted purchase orders.
- Process the church credit card through the Shelby accounts payable system.
- Work in Ministry Platform (Church Management and Contributions Database).
- Responsible to produce weekly reports such as the financial spreadsheet, significant giver report, building campaign reports, and any other weekly reports requested by supervisor and Pastoral staff.
- Produce weekly pledge campaign reports.
- Report on and send weekly thank-you letters to all first-time donors.
- Update income forecast report and send to appropriate parties.
- Develop, update, and maintain attendance trends, reports, and dashboards.
- Participate in and lead (as scheduled) the weekly offering count team.
- Oversee the development and implementation of Dream Team offering count team by working closely with Contributions Administrator in making this a normal accounting process.
- Maintain an organized filing system and workspace.
- Assist staff with accounting questions and needs.
- Participate in weekly team and appropriate staff meetings by being there on time and prepared for every meeting.
- Lead monthly closing procedures.
- Reconcile all bank statements.
- Enter monthly adjusting entries including the entries stock donations (if any).
- Produce a monthly ACH report which is to be sent to supervisor and filed with monthly reports.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts.
- Reconcile Health Insurance invoice and communicate with HR Assistant/HR Director on the appropriate employee withholdings.
- Prepare preliminary budget reports and make necessary adjustments and corrections.
- Finalize monthly budget reports and send out to appropriate department heads on a timely basis.
- Pay the Bookstore and Café sales tax by the monthly due date.
- Send monthly reports to staff as they request it, such as the missions and Victory Group donor reports for "thank you" notes.
- Work with Accounting Manager to create special accounting reports as necessary.
- Assist Accounting Manager in the research and administration of any equipment leases.
- Search out better processes, software, and applications for the accounting department on a continual basis.
- Assist Accounting Manager/HR Director with any additional projects and tasks.
- Participate in team growth plan as outlined by Accounting Manager.
- Prepare quarterly reports of all staff giving while keeping all information extremely confidential.
- Assist Accounting Manager in the preparation of quarterly financial review reporting and presentations.
- Assist the Contributions Administrator and Accounts Payable Administrator in counting and processing the Christmas offerings during Christmas week.
- Responsible for reporting, processing, and mailing out the annual contribution statements to the donors of Victory Family Church.
- Develop and train all staff on accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepare and submit out 1099-misc. forms by the annual IRS deadlines.
- Prepare and submit PCORI forms within the appropriate deadlines.
- Assist in annual outside audit work by providing all necessary reports and information to the auditors.
- Assist in year-end closing procedures.
- Assist in year-end financial reports and presentations for Pastoral staff.
- Assist in Board of Directors.
Miscellaneous / As Needed
- Create new and disable old Shelby (accounting software) users as necessary.
- Administer Shelby accounting codes and account rights for all staff as necessary.
- Update Shelby Purchase Order approval paths as necessary.
- Fill in for major administrative tasks for the Accounts Payable Administrator or Contributions Administrator if they are out of the office.
- Cut checks or administer PEX card funds if Accounts Payable Administrator is unavailable.
- Create new "programs" in Ministry Platform as necessary.
- Prepare profit and loss reports on various events that Victory Family Church holds throughout the year.
- Create new memorial programs as necessary.
- Administer what programs are visible in the Batch Manager Tool for the Contributions Administrator and Online Giving as necessary.
- Responsible for the administration of the text-to-give website.
- Maintain a building, vehicle, and worker's compensation insurance file and work with insurance company as necessary.
- Request certificates of insurance from insurance company as need arises.
- Maintain lease agreements.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Accuracy: Work is correct and contains few errors because of pain-staking care and due diligence. Takes responsibility for and corrects mistakes.
- Confidential: Has the ability to handle private information. Able to be entrusted with restricted information.
- Contributor: Gives ideas, time, and energy along with others. Has a share in causing results. Helps and assists. Participates.
- Follow-Up: Watches the movements and course of own job duties and projects, as well as any assignments delegated. Keeps up with tasks and understands subsequent events. Carries out all duties fully, to a conclusion, taking subsequent action as needed.
- Initiative: Ready and able to initiate action. Begins actions without having to be told to do so. Able to make, form, conceive and visualize original thoughts and expressions that can produce original, clever, imaginative and resourceful products, services, policies, procedures and/or solutions. Introduces new methods, changes or variations.
- Organized: Arranges environment in a systematic, methodical, ordered, structured, well-thought-out manner in order to achieve objectives.
- Planning: Has good, predetermined, prepared methods of doing or proceeding with tasks, job duties, and projects by formulating an order, outline, layout, strategy, steps and policies beforehand. Takes care in and prepares for the future by looking forward, anticipating, and forecasting. Does not leave things to chance and is not impulsive.
- Self-Motivated: Has an inner urge that prompts him or her to action with a sense of purpose. Can rouse self to action and effort. Busy doing profitable tasks. Exhibits readiness. Eager. On his or her toes. Forces self to work when necessary. Strives vigorously toward objectives. Does not have to be controlled by others or subject to their authority in order to accomplish objectives.
Communication (Verbal, Nonverbal, Interpersonal, Written):
- Positive Attitude: Cheerful. Pleasant in behavior and manners. Has a sunny disposition and a good sense of humor. Smiles. Sees the bright side of things. Raises your spirits. Has an enthusiastic, lively, absorbing, keen interest in activities. Is eager to perform duties and optimistic about their outcome. Is not irritable, bad-tempered, overly critical, discontent, argumentative, complaining or pessimistic.
- Team Player: Is an active participant, fully engaged in the work of the team. Takes initiative to help make things happen and the team successful with a can-do attitude. Openly and willingly shares information, knowledge and experience to keep others in loop, get the job done, and prevent surprises. Cooperates with others to solve problems. Willing to deal with all kinds of problems in a solutions-oriented manner. Consistently treats others with courtesy and respect.
- Verbal Communication: Interchanges thoughts, information and feelings in pleasant, courteous, respectful and well-mannered way. Speaks up and expresses ideas clearly, honestly, and with respect for others.
- Written Communication: Effectively interchanges thoughts, ideas, information and opinions in writing. Utilizes proper vocabulary, grammar, and semantics.
- Conscientious: Controlled by and does work according to a sense of what is right or wrong in his/her conduct or motives. Carefully and thoroughly does his/her job, being very particular and paying attention to detail. Does not neglect any aspect of his/her job or do things carelessly. Take pride in work. Has a high opinion of the importance of his/her work. Receives gratification from accomplishments. Strives for high quality. Interested in excellence. Responsible. Answerable and accountable within his/her power of control of duties and obligations. Considers self-liable for fulfilling duties.
- Change-Oriented: Easily able to handle policies, procedures, and situations that become different, altered, modified or completely changed. Flexible and adaptable. Willing, able, and disposed to fluctuate, vary, shift or alter as necessary. Adjusts to new conditions easily. Is able to conform and fit in. Is not unswerving and uncompromising. Is not resistant to sudden change or fluctuation. Does not have to have things stable, fixed, and permanent.
- Commitment to Excellence: Strives to complete one’s work in an outstanding manner. Carefully and thoroughly does his or her job, being very particular. Does not neglect any aspect of his or her job or do things carelessly. Takes pride in work. Receives gratification from accomplishments. Strives for high quality. Interested in excellence. Answerable and accountable within his or her power of control of duties and obligations. Considers oneself responsible for fulfilling duties.
- Dependable: Worthy of trust. Supervisors can consistently rely and count on him or her to get work done, do fair share, meet commitments, follow through on assignments, and deliver good performance all of the time.
- Integrity: Honorable in principles, intentions, and actions. Has a good reputation. Deserves unquestioning belief in his or her honesty and ability. Is unreserved in expressing himself or herself. Habitually tells the true and actual state of matters. Free from pretense and falseness. Candid. Direct. Frank. Straightforward. Credible. Scrupulous. Trustworthy. Not deceptive.
- Loyal: Remains faithful to the company, supervisor, and coworkers. Is devoted, reliable, dutiful, trustworthy, tried-and-true, unfailing, constant, steadfast, and stable. Coworkers and supervisor can depend confidently on him or her. Is highly likely to stay with the company.
Education & Experience Required:
- Preferred Associates or Bachelor degree in accounting or finance.
- Preferred leadership experience.
- Preferred teamwork experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel.
- Ability to learn new software quickly.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and multitask.
- Must be able to work through a high volume of paperwork efficiently & effectively.
Benefits to Person:
- Health care, dental, Life Insurance, Vision & Disability Insurance for employee only
- Café and bookstore discounts
- Victory Bible School discounts
- Employee Health Program
- Must be able to keep things strictly confidential. Due to the sensitive nature of the information that an individual may be exposed to in this position, anything seen or heard at Victory falls under the category of "strictly confidential" and must not under any circumstances be repeated outside of one's direct supervision line. Failure to adhere to this policy is cause for dismissal.
- Total: 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Overtime will occur during month-end closing procedures, annual audit, and as work demands. Although not significant, it will occur.
- 1/2 - hour lunch time provided daily (unpaid)
Victory Family Church reserves the right to change, rescind, add, or delete the duties and responsibilities within this job description at any time.
After watching the video, begin the application process.
Housekeeping (Limited Support Staff - Sunday)
Title of Position: Housekeeping (Limited Support Staff - Sunday)
Purpose of position: Limited service position (Sundays). To maintain a clean and neat appearance of the building before, during, and after service time on Sundays; to monitor building temperatures; to do table set ups as needed.
Primary Duties Include:
- Do a “walk through” of the building at the beginning of your shift to check if any area will need attention.
- Check the HVAC temperatures of all areas in the building. (Will receive training).
- Check LSS white board for any instructions to follow for that day.
- Spot clean window glass at entrances and glass stairways.
- Check bathrooms for cleanliness, paper products fully supplied, check trash.
- Assess any need for spot vacuuming or mopping before, during, or after service.
- Be able to do requested table setups.
- Sunday shift has a regular room setup which consists of transporting classroom tables on a cart to Thrive Sanctuary; set tables up in rows; transport a white board and class supplies tote to the area.
- During service, do a sweep of the bathrooms, wiping sinks & mirrors; re-supply all paper products; check floors for cleanup needs; check stalls; check trash.
- Be available for any radio calls to handle requests made.
- Take out trash at end of shift to dumpster corral.
- Communicate any issues to Supervisor.
- Be dependable; able to multi-task; work with a spirit of excellence.
- Be able to work extra service times during the year such as Christmas Eve services; Eggstravaganza; Impartation services, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Detail oriented, work well with others, able to take direction, able to multi task.
Other Personal Responsibilities:
- Be a good steward with the resources God has provided to Victory (Matthew 25:21).
- Perform duties and responsibilities in a manner to glorify Christ and further the mission and ministry purposes of Victory Family Church.
- Serve at management level, which demonstrates a high degree of loyalty to the senior pastor and ministry staff.
- Adhere to church approved guidelines as set forth in Victory's by-laws and Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible study, prayer, and meditation.
- Born again, spirit-filled, willing to work through others and build a strong volunteer base, willing to embrace the doctrine, vision, and ministry of Victory Family Church.
Time Requirements: The hours for this position center around service time, starting 2 hours before service starts and ending approximately 1 hour after service ends.
After watching the video, complete the application.